Mar 28, 2011

Saint Patrick's Day

Chicago River died green




Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago
Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago
  

Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago




The Downtown Chicago Parade began at 12:00 noon, Saturday March 12th. Why not on 17th? The parade is the Saturday before the actual calendar date of Saint Paddy's Day. This allows families to participate in the festivities without having to remove their children from school. 
I spent the afternoon with my friend with whom I've learnt that this Parade is a joke comparing to NYC's fest. The other one is crowded and you cannot see free spots on the street. Hmm... I don't care. This parade was exotic enough for me. I liked it. Especially when, sensation-hungry, we joined the marching folks. The nice policeman told us that we could do it when he didn't watch. So we jumped through the fence as soon as he turned around after saying that:). In recognition of other spectators (I had high heels additionally:)). My Dear Friend, you steer me wrong!




Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago


Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago
  

Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago





Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago


Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago
  

Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago




Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago




No comments:

Post a Comment